Enter to win a fantastic Sri Lanka wildlife holiday
Answer our question correctly and you could win a seven-night stay for two in Sri Lanka, worth over £3000, courtesy of Rickshaw Travel.
The island of Sri Lanka offers biodiversity to rival any continent, with a wealth of exciting wildlife.
As well as countless species of birds and reptiles, elephants, wild pigs, buffalos, langur monkeys, toque macaques, sambar deer, leopards and elusive sloth bears are just some of the many animals that can be seen with luck, patience and the skill of local guides.
In fact Sri Lanka’s varied habitats make it one of the best countries in South Asia for watching wildlife, and our prize will allow one lucky winner and their travelling companion to enjoy superb encounters with species in their beautiful natural habitat, and to sample much of the fascinating history and culture of the island.
Rickshaw Travel specialises in ethical wildlife experiences and supports projects to promote natural environments and help local communities.
Accommodation on its Sri Lankan tours is in small-scale, authentic hotels and guesthouses that offer a warm welcome, and its trips are designed to provide employment to a wide variety of local people.
After a flight from the UK to the island’s capital Columbo, the winner and their companion will travel to Kandy for an experience perfect for lovers of food and culture.
The tour then takes in the colonial hill station of Nuwara Eliya at the heart of Sri Lanka’s tea-plantation area and Ella on the edge of the hill country with its sweeping scenic landscapes.
There will be an option to hike Adam’s Peak or Ella Rock before moving on to join a jeep safari in Yala, the country’s premier national park and home to about 30 leopards and hundreds of elephants.
Then it’s back to Colombo for a tour and high tea before returning to the UK.
What is included
- Return flights from Gatwick or Heathrow
- Transport within Sri Lanka, including one train journey and the services of a private driver
- Accommodation in small-scale, authentic hotels and guesthouses
- Excursions as described
What is not included
- Meals, aside from breakfast
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Transport to and from UK airports
- National-park fee
- Tips and gratuities
About Rickshaw Travel
From rural homestays to tropical beach breaks, Rickshaw Travel offers a range of authentic travel experiences that you can piece together like a jigsaw to build your own unique holiday.
To find out more visit www.rickshawtravel.co.uk or call 01273 934 822.
Terms and conditions
- Read our full terms and conditions here before entering
- The first entry with the correct answer drawn at random after the closing date will win the holiday
- The overall prize is for one winner and a companion, who must travel together on the same trip.
- The holiday is subject to availability, and must be taken between January 2017 and June 2017 outside of school holiday dates.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm on 30 September 2016.
Enter your answer and don't forget to provide your contact details so that we can contact you if you win.
- Webform: | Competition |